District Level English Learner Advisory Committee
Each California public school district, grades kindergarten through 12, with 51 or more English learners must form a District-level English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC) or subcommittee of an existing district-wide advisory committee.
- The DELAC, or subcommittee on English learner education, shall advise the district's local governing board (e.g., in person, by letters/reports, or through an administrator) on programs and services for English learners.
- The DELAC shall be responsible for advising the district's local governing board on the following tasks:
- Development or revision of a district master plan of education programs and services for English learners, taking into consideration the Single School Plan for Student Achievement.
- Conducting a district-wide needs assessment on a school-by-school basis.
- Establishment of district programs, goals, and objectives for programs and services for English learners (e.g., parental exception waivers and funding).
- Development of a plan to ensure compliance with any applicable teacher and instructional aide requirements.
- Administration of the annual language census (e.g., procedures and forms).
- Review and comment on the district's reclassification procedures.
- Review and comment on the written notifications required to be sent to parents and guardians.
Oasis' DELAC January 20, 2016 Meeting Flyer
January 20, 2016 <Agenda>
June 4, 2015 <Agenda>