Oasis Community Council, the OCC, is an involved group of parents who also need volunteers to help with school activities and important business for the school.
The Oasis Community Council is an elected group of parents that meets monthly to handle matters such as fundraising, volunteering, and teacher support. All parents are welcome to attend the OCC meetings. These meetings are held on the first Tuesday of every month at 6:30 p.m. at the school..
What is the Purpose of OCC?
The purpose of the Oasis Charter Public School Community Council is to guide, direct, and promote Oasis in accordance with the mission and vision as stated in this Charter and to advise the UCE Board of Directors and the Executive Director. The Executive Director or designee serves as a liaison between the OCC and the UCEN Board of Directors.
- Create Bylaws for the operation of the Oasis Community Council.
- Recommend to the UCEN Board amendments to the OCC Bylaws.
- Identify need for additional policies which impact the school.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director to create an annual budget, subject to approval by the UCEN Board of Directors.
- Create and supervise ad hoc committees as needed. These ad hoc committees may include but shall not be limited to (a) advisory committee for staffing; (b) before and after school care; (c) community-building activities; (d) enrichment programs; (e) facility maintenance; (f) field trips; (g) fundraising; (h) recreation.
Volunteer & Fundraising Opportunities
- Oasis Campout
- Carnival and Fall BBQ
- Harvest Feast
- Spring BBQ
- Rummage sale
- Field Day
How Can I Get Involved?Elections of new members take place at the Fall “All Family Meeting” which is held during the first 5 weeks of the 2022-2023 school year.
All adult family members are welcomed and encouraged to attend the OCC meetings which are held on the first Tuesday of every month at 6:30 p.m. at the school. We provide childcare on site for those attending the meetings.
President: Romina Zavala
Vice President: Erica Santos
Secretary: Shyla Gonzalez
Treasurer: Cher Onitsuka
Teacher Representative: Ms. O’Connor
OCC Meeting Agendas
No Meeting in November